Welcome to Dr. Jan D. Tepper, D.P.M.
“I treat people, and I have found that each person has their own feelings on how they would like to have a particular problem taken care of. I customize their care to those feelings.”
In today’s fast-paced, connected world, there is a vast amount of knowledge just clicks away – but this is no substitute for a visit with a highly-skilled and trained medical professional who will listen to you and your concerns before developing a custom treatment plan that actually works for you. That is exactly what you can expect when you choose the office of Jan David Tepper, DPM for your foot care needs!
Dr. Jan Tepper provides comprehensive Foot and Ankle services for residents of the Upland, CA community, and we look forward to being your source for exceptional foot care services. We offer a wide-range of foot and ankle treatment options so you can find the pain relief you need!
At the office of Jan David Tepper, DPM, we take an educational, scientific-based approach to effectively treat the underlying disease causing your foot or ankle pain. Part of this experience is communication with you, so that you can understand the core issue and what we are doing to treat it.
Communication is important, but so too is providing quality medical care. To that end, we constantly strive to provide results that keep your feet in step to better health. We achieve this by specializing in:
- Heel pain. Heel pain develops in response to many different conditions, but some tend to be more common than others. Plantar fasciitis, Achilles tendinitis, and stress fractures are frequently seen in patients who are active. When adolescents have acute or chronic heel pain, it is often the result of a condition known as Sever’s disease, which is inflammation of the growth plate in the heel bone .
This common problem can keep you away from your daily activities, but we have good news – Dr. Tepper’s treatment plans are usually centered on conservative treatment and surgery is rarely recommended.
- Ingrown toenails. Ingrown toenails can cause pain, make wearing normal footwear difficult, and increase the risk for infections. Even slight pressure on the affected area can sometimes cause sharp, stabbing pain. Ingrown toenail treatment is the only way to find the relief you need. For difficult cases, contact our office and we can provide professional care.
- Bunions. Symptoms often aggravated by women’s footwear, bunions are typically a matter of either trauma or inherited foot structure resulting in faulty biomechanics. This is known as a “progressive” condition, which means it can only be corrected with surgical intervention and will continue to worsen if left untreated. Fortunately, conservative care can sometimes relieve symptoms and keep a bunion from increasing in severity.
- Diabetic foot care. Diabetes has wide-ranging effects on the human body, especially influencing the health of your feet. Because the disease can place you at risk for serious medical emergencies, such as ulcers, we offer diabetic foot care services to keep you safe and address issues that arise. Whereas Dr. Tepper provides treatment for lower limb complications from diabetes, he can also work with you to create a diabetic foot care plan to protect your feet.
- Sports medicine. Living an active lifestyle is important for your health, can be a source of enjoyment, and also provides an opportunity to spend time with friends and even meet some new ones. The unfortunate reality of physical activities, though, is that they always come with the risk of injury, especially for feet and ankles. Ankle sprains, heel or arch pain,stress fractures, and Achilles tendon injuries tend to be particularly common. Dr. Tepper is well-versed in sports medicine and can develop an effective treatment plan if you are hurt during a workout or sporting event.
In addition to those areas of specialty, we perform medical services to address a wide array of foot and ankle problems and conditions.
For additional information, give the office of Jan David Tepper, DPM a call at (909) 920-0884 and our staff will be happy to answer any questions and help you schedule your appointment with our Upland, CA podiatrist office.